Saturday 15 September 2018

Guest Designer - Aira Hashimoto

Today we introduce our Guest Designer for the September challenge.
Please say hello to Aira Hashimoto from in my little corner.



Hello there, I am Aira from Japan, I am a housewife and mother of two boys and two turtles lol! I love mixed media and making ATC's, but I also love making cards, tags, layouts and 3D paper crafts.
I am thrilled to be the Guest Designer for this Months Crafts Dreamy challenge. Please check out my blog for additional photos and I hope you'll be inspired to join in with the challenge!














I tore around the digital image and inked it with distress ink, next I adhered scraps of design paper and covered it with white Gesso. Once dry, I applied distress inks to make a vintage background. After drying I stamped swirls and script stamps with Archival ink.
Dry again, then applied modelling paste through a stencil, also dry the modelling paste to bubble it up (just be careful not to burn your fingers) Next, dry brush Gesso onto the page and apply
 Acrylic black paint all over the page. 

Embellish the page with tags, raffia string, journals and faux leather flowers. Finally I added some doodling on the tags, white enamel accents and splatters of white acrylic paint. I also rubbed on Inka gold on the raised parts made by the modelling paste. There is a bonus tutorial of how I made the faux leather 
flowers on my blog.


***


Please do check out Aira's beautiful journal page. We'd love for you to come back and share your project for the September challenge.

The challenge can be found HERE and is open until 11:55pm BST on October 12th.

Please also hop on over to our Design Team spotlight, where one of our Dreamies have their inspiration for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment