Thursday 31 January 2019

Guest Designer - Jolanda

Today we introduce our guest Designer. Please say Hello to Jolanda Breedvelt from Jolanda's blog






I am Jolanda, I live just east of Rotterdam, Netherlands with my husband for 39 years. Our Daughter and Son live on their own. I learnt to be creative as a child. My Father loved to create all kinds of things and my mom did sewing, knitting and stitching. After I got married and the children were little, I picked up my mothers' talents, but nowadays only my love for paper stayed with me! However, I do like variety, so I like to make cards, colour digi stamps, home deco and mixed media. 







Here I have used the Crafts Dreamy Mood Board as inspiration to create my design.

                              






                            


I wanted to make a card suitable for the coming Valentine. I took a white piece  of Aquarel paper and used Pan Pastel in all five colours of the moodbard. 
Next, I added some structure paste bubbles and hearts and some background stamps as well as a text stamp.
I ripped a piece of corrugated cardboard and painted it with white gesso. After drying, I then smeared some gilding wax onto the cardboard and sprayed some Dylusions ink both in pink. Next, I cut out a heart shape in black card and embossed it all over with various little hearts. To finish, I added Vintage Rose Gilding Wax. The word 'LOVE' is white painted chip wood, which I adhered to my card. 





Please do check out Jolanda's beautiful card, we'd love for you to come back and share your project for the challenge! 

The Mood Board challenge can be found HERE it runs until 11:55pm GMT on February 12th. 

Our Anything goes challenge can be found HERE and runs until 11:55pm GMT on February 12th. 






No comments:

Post a Comment